Today, I'm taking a meal to my new pastor! He's a vegan, so I had to pull down all of my vegan cookbooks (I have several) from my walk-in pantry and whip up something non-meat and non-dairy. When you're as good a cook as I am, that's no big whoop. I went with ribollita, because it's a Tuscan soup, and it will impress him. Not that I need his validation or anyway. It's not like I'm in love with him or anything! When making ribollita, it's VERY important that you buy savoy cabbage--not regular cabbage. Regular cabbage is common; savoy is fancy. After you let all the ingredients simmer, the recipe tells you to top it with parmesan. Again, that's common. Make sure you use romano instead, k?
Oh, and the kids are great! Corey and Jesse are surpassing all of the toddler milestones. I'll post pix of them later.

I would have made something with Quinoa but that is just me. I have heard it has all the protein someone would need.
ReplyDeleteYes, Berlea, but what KIND of quinoa? Red? Yellow? Plain? Rainbow? Chocolate chip?
ReplyDelete